From Data to Insights (Executive Level Course)
"From Data to Insights" is a course designed to introduce participants to key concepts, tools, and practices of data-driven decision making in management and marketing. While the increasing availability of ''big data'' enables empirically guided approaches for decision-making and resource allocation, managers and top executives still rely on conventional wisdom or intuition. This course will especially address state-of-the-art analytics and metrics that show how different management and marketing practices affect sales, profits and managerial processes to translate model recommendations into organizational action.
The content of the course will be broken down into two parts and five modules:
- Understanding of key success metrics to quantify market opportunities, determine accountability, measure performance and reveal competitive threats of various marketing activities with respect to:
a. Product and Portfolio Management
b. Customer Profitability
d. Advertising and Online Marketing
e. Margins, Profits and Financial Performance
- Understanding and applying basic analytical and statistical methods to derive and determine from raw data key business and marketing metrics. We cover a wide range of analytical and statistical methods including
a. Data Sampling and Statistical Testing
b. Field experiements and A/B Tests
c. Regression Models to Uncover Causal Relationships
d. Time-Series Forecasting for Effective Predictive Analytics
Lectures will be used to introduce key business and marketing metrics as well as basic analytical and statistical methods. Statistical and case analyses will amplify and expand this knowledge by deriving relevant statistics from raw data and getting insights into business problems or the success of marketing activities from key metrics.
In this course participants will develop quantitative, analytical and statistical skills to address various business problems and to measure the success of amanegment and marketing activities. Specifically the course objectives are as follows:
- To familiarize participants with appropriate metrics to get insights into business problems and the success of management and marketing activities;
- To enable participants to identify the necessary data needed to calculate and forecast key business, management and marketing metrics;
- To provide participants quantitative and statistical knowledge and skills to calculate business and marketing metrics from raw data available within a company.
You are interested to get more information about this course or in an offer for inhouse-training?
Prof. Dr. Florian Stahl
L 5, 2 | 68161 Mannheim | Germany
Email: florian.stahl(at)bwl.uni-mannheim.de | Phone: +49 621 181-1563